I’m one of those people that gets excited about almost everything. Which is great, because for this post, millions of things come to mind of what I would recommend. But one thing in particular has helped me time and time again on my becoming journey and triumphs over the others – and that’s podcasts.
The reason I think there’s so much power in podcasts is… 1. I LOVE learning, and there’s endless content to learn. 2. They’re absolutely free (who doesn’t love free stuff?!) and 3. You can find a good podcast on almost any triumph you’re facing or interest you have.
Here are 3 ways I’ve incorporated podcasts into my daily schedule:
- Going Outside – I love going on a good walk or run to get some fresh air. It’s a powerful and easy way for me to clear my mind, listen to quality content, and burn some calories.
- Getting Ready – All of us get ready in the morning, and I love using that time to listen to podcasts! While I curl my hair and do my makeup in the morning, it’s a perfect way to set my heart right and soak up some wisdom as I step into my day.
- On the Daily Commute – If you have a commute, you know how endless the hours on the road can feel. Listening to podcasts makes my 30-minute commute feel like a breeze, and actually helps me look forward to it. I try to listen to two a day (one each way to work), which usually ends up being about 10 podcasts a week.
Also, here are my top 5 favorite podcasts right now:
- BecomingMe – no explanation needed. ☺ If you haven’t listend yet, subscribe and listen right now. You’ll thank me later!
- Typology – Anyone who knows me knows I’m obsessed with the Enneagram. This podcast interviews different Enneagram voices, and is such a powerful tool in understanding yourself and the people around you (fun fact: in the 10/10 series someone else will talk more in depth about the Enneagram!).
- Catalyst – this is the organization I work for, but I also so believe in the power of leadership for those who love the church. I love the different leaders and perspectives they bring every week.
- Fresh Life Church – I love Pastor Levi Lusko’s teachings and have been grown so much by his recent series at his church. A must listen to!
- Fun Therapy – Mike Foster does an epic job at bringing in different personalities and doing a therapy session with them about their stories. Have cried multiple times listening to this one!
- Proverbs 31 – This organization led by the one and only Lysa TerKeurst JUST started a podcast, and the first two episodes were incredible. I can’t wait to hear what else they bring!
There are a ton of other podcasts…amazing churches (Bridge Town is a favorite, along with Zoe Church), leadership voices (Craig Groeschel, Andy Stanley…the options are endless) and so many others! Those are just a few of the many podcast that I’ve brought into my schedule, but try a podcast and rhythm that works for you! Maybe subscribe to one and try to listen to one a week. It’s such a great way to open your mind and perspective to others, learn something new, and get incredible content literally at your fingertips!