I was reading Sean Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, and I discovered the importance and the significance of a missions statement, or life goals. My life goals are what drive me on. They remind me of why I am here. I am alive most importantly to honor and glorify God, but He has placed me here for some specific reasons as well and a missions statement helps me define that plan and purpose for my life. So, here are my 10 life goals!
Emily’s 10 Life Goals:
- Jesus Christ is my #1 priority.
- I will get my confidence from Christ alone.
- I will NOT be silent in my generation.
- I will not be just an “average” girl.
- I will live the Romans 12:2 Lifestyle~ “Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–His good, pleasing, and perfect will.”
- I will never settle for less than God’s best for my life.
- I never want to cripple my potential because I am afraid to try.
- I will strive to honor God in everything that I do.
- I will remain pure for my prince because true love waits!
- Life is not about the air I breathe, but about the moments that take my breath away.
To create your own mission statement or life goals, pray and ask God to help you discover His plan for your life. Also, sit down with a piece of paper and write down anything that comes to mind: quotes, Bible verses, sayings, etc.